The FARM Ride – 2nd Annual
June 22 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $40
Join Fresh Trails Adventures, and embark on our 2nd annual gravel cycling adventure through the best terrain the state of Maine has to offer. The FARM Ride will take you on hilly and meandering paved, and gravel roads through Saint John Valley’s recently planted potato and wheat fields, with vistas into neighboring New Brunswick, Canada. Ride amongst old and new friends on a road bike with puncture resistant tires, cross bike or gravel grinder (recommended). A downloadable GPX file for your GPS will be your light in the storm (check back in June @ www.freshtrails.com). The FARM Ride is not for the faint of heart; climb nearly 1,000 feet for every 10 miles ridden, for a total of 60 miles. It is sure to test your physical and mental prowess. A mid-route fuel station will keep you going when you need it the most. Celebrate your finish with a post-ride BBQ featuring our local Aroostook Beef Company burgers, a cold pint of craft beer from First Mile Brewery, buckwheat ployes from Bouchard Family Farm, and tunes from local musicians.
- A Bailout Loop (27 miles) is available for those who want to head back sooner. Still very hilly.
- No sag wagon: be prepared with extra tubes, patches, air pump/CO2, chain tool, etc.
- Expect 4-5 hours on the bike with numerous challenging climbs.
Early bird registration (now till February 28): $40
Lazy bird registration (March 1 until April 30): $50
King & Queen Procrastinator registration fee (May 1 till June 21): $60
Registration morning of: $65
- Entry into the best damn gravel bike ride you’ve ever pedaled
- One frosty cold pint of beer from First Mile Brewery
- One Fresh Trails Adventures souvenir pint glass
- BBQ with some of the best local beef your taste buds have ever tasted (Aroostook Beef Company)
- Yummy local buckwheat ployes from Bouchard Family Farm
- Tunes from local musicians
- About 2,000 burned calories (before post ride beer and food)
- Additional meal passes available for $10
- Additional pint of beer available for $4